In which I search for the Pettey, Welch, Jeffrey, Willis and Crane families.
Related Name List: All of the above plus Nance, Graybill, Franks, Williams, Thompson, Bernardi, Bishop, Berry Brewster, Bronaugh, Brumbalow, Coon, Crossland, Fabretto, Fleming, Gossage, Hellums, Hoooper, Horn,Meals, Monroe, Moore, Murdoch, Myers, Power, Reed, Rigs, Sardini, Sims, Stanley,Washington, Wright

Monday, August 4, 2014

Washington Willis Reappears

I really need to make a note of where I find things. I was looking in my records for a Falls County Texas census for 1870 but couldn't find it. What I did find, though was a tax record for William Willis and two sons, Wesley and Washington F. That means Washington and Emma left Louisiana and rejoined the family during their stay in Falls county. They didn't own land but had between them one horse, one mule and six head of cattle. Wesley was a teamster so it's not surprising that they would have a few cattle or oxen.

They possibly moved there after 1870 and moved away before 1880 which would explain why they wouldn't show up on the census for Falls county. I need to find now where Wesley went. Still no sign of his sister Martha. If she remarried, she may be lost forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment