In which I search for the Pettey, Welch, Jeffrey, Willis and Crane families.
Related Name List: All of the above plus Nance, Graybill, Franks, Williams, Thompson, Bernardi, Bishop, Berry Brewster, Bronaugh, Brumbalow, Coon, Crossland, Fabretto, Fleming, Gossage, Hellums, Hoooper, Horn,Meals, Monroe, Moore, Murdoch, Myers, Power, Reed, Rigs, Sardini, Sims, Stanley,Washington, Wright

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stumped with These Names


I'm trying to update some family history and I found the family of a g-g-aunt on the 1850 LA census. I just can't make out the names though.
The first full line looks like Eliza, but I can't make out the next two lines at all. I think the first letter is a W. If you look down to the next family, you can see clearly that Ws and Ms are pretty distinctive.
The next two letters look like an e and an a. Then what? Then an le? The next letter could be either an h or k. and the last is probably a y but sometimes the a has a tail.
So that gives me Wealehy or Wealeka or Wealeky or Wealeha.

The next name looks like it could be Lizy or Liza but there is Eliza two lines up. Unlikely two daughters had the (almost) same name
I'm at a loss. Any ideas?


 To see the original click on Archive.org

No comments:

Post a Comment