In which I search for the Pettey, Welch, Jeffrey, Willis and Crane families.
Related Name List: All of the above plus Nance, Graybill, Franks, Williams, Thompson, Bernardi, Bishop, Berry Brewster, Bronaugh, Brumbalow, Coon, Crossland, Fabretto, Fleming, Gossage, Hellums, Hoooper, Horn,Meals, Monroe, Moore, Murdoch, Myers, Power, Reed, Rigs, Sardini, Sims, Stanley,Washington, Wright

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Birth Dates and Others

I've committed myself to posting more in the upcoming year. I've printed out a report from my database of a calendar with important dates on it. I will be sharing what I know about ancestors who were born or married or died on those days.

Starting today! Nov. 22 Birthdays!

GABRIEL A PETTY was born on this day in 1773. I don't have a lot of information on him but he was the grandson of Thomas Petty, the only known child of Hubert Petty. (Hubert was the first Petty to land on US soil as an indentured servant).
Gabriel was born in Warren, N Carolina to James and Martha Clanton Petty. He was the last of 12 children. He married Sarah Darwin (1) and Nancy Sarah (2). He had a large family of about 14 children and died in 1848.

LEONARD DALE PETTEY SR.  was born in 1937 in Nacogdoches, Texas, the son of  Leonard Dewey Pettey. (There's a question in my database as to who his mother was. Dewey was married twice, once to Anna Belle Robinson and to Edith (?). Since this family was relatively recent, records are not yet available.) Dale lived in Pasadena in later years and was a Harris County Sheriff officer for 10 years, employed by Texaco for 33 years.  He was married to Sylvia Ann Meadows. He died in 2009.
I never met him but we did communicate by email about family history.

No comments:

Post a Comment