In which I search for the Pettey, Welch, Jeffrey, Willis and Crane families.
Related Name List: All of the above plus Nance, Graybill, Franks, Williams, Thompson, Bernardi, Bishop, Berry Brewster, Bronaugh, Brumbalow, Coon, Crossland, Fabretto, Fleming, Gossage, Hellums, Hoooper, Horn,Meals, Monroe, Moore, Murdoch, Myers, Power, Reed, Rigs, Sardini, Sims, Stanley,Washington, Wright

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Shelby County, Texas

I recently volunteered to maintain a genealogy web page for Shelby County, Texas, for the Genealogy Trails History Group. It's a great way to search through a multitude of records without feeling like I'm wasting my time.
Right now, I'm posting death notices from official death certificates for the town of Joaquin. It's really interesting to read the documents. Common causes of death were heart trouble and pneumonia. It is sad to read about infants dying at birth. One starved to death after about 5 days. I wonder what the story was behind that. But today I listed my first suicide. A 22-year-old man shot himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment